Selasa, 07 Mei 2013

Mouse deer and Tiger : Folklore from central Java



Mouse deer and Tiger : Folklore from central Java

            Long time ago in a jungle of java, tiger was wandering around for food, he hadn’t been eating for days, he was really hungry. While he was approaching a small lake. He saw mouse deer drinking the tiger want to eat him.
            Tiger smile, “Hmmm yummy… Finally a get my lunch”
            Tiger slowly ducked, crawl, and held his breath and then “gotcha” said tiger. He caught mousedeer and bit his legs. Mousedeer was trembling, he was really shocked. But he tired to be calm. He was thinking of a plan to escape from idea. He looked around and suddenly he had an idea.
            He said “Hey tiger! Know you are hungry, and went to eat me, but the king will angry if he know, you eat me now.”
            “Why the king know that, I eat meat, I eat animal like you.”
Mouse deer explained, “I guard king’s lake, it’s very delicious, only the king and his family eat it. Mousedeer pointed at one big black lump, near the lake, it did not look, delicious at all, but tiger was curious.
“Don’t be fooled by its appreance, its taste very delicious. That’s why it meant for king. And you won’t get hungry for a month after you eat it. I teasted it once.”
Tigers mouth watered, “Can I taste it?”
“of course you cannot, the king will punish me like, he did
            When I taste it last time. He would kill me if something happened to the cake again.
“Well then. You don’t give me much choice tiger. You can have the cake, but first, let mu run away as for as I can. By the way, the king won’t be able to get me.
“All right. Now go!” Tiger was really hungruy. He could not any longer to eat kings cake.
            Mousedeer took a save distance away from tiger. But he still could watch his as tiger eagerly took the piece of the cake.
            “Phoeyy..It’s no cake, it’s buffalo dung! I’ll get you mouse deer. You! Watch it!”
But mosedeer was far away. He laughed aloud. Mousedeer was safe for now, but next time he might meet face to face with tiger again.

1 komentar: